If you have been arrested for a Crime, you need an experienced attorney on your side.
If you have been arrested or cited for a misdemeanor or felony in Utah, you are facing some very serious potential penalties – even for your first offense – including:
Incarceration of up to:
- 90 days for a Class C Misdemeanor;
- 180 days for a Class B Misdemeanor;
- 360 days for a Class A Misdemeanor;
- Five years for a Third Degree Felony;
- Fifteen years for a Second Degree Felony; and
- Life for a First Degree Felony.
Fines of up to:
- $750.00 for a Class C Misdemeanor;
- $1,000.00 for a Class B Misdemeanor;
- $2,500.00 for a Class A Misdemeanor;
- $5,000.00 for a Third Degree Felony;
- $10,000.00 for a Second Degree Felony; and
- $10,000.00 for a First Degree Felony.
An additional ‘surcharge’ of 35% to 90% is added to most fines, greatly increasing the total amount to be paid if convicted.
In addition to the above fines and jail time, a DUI arrest could lead to:
- Suspension of or restrictions being placed on your driver license (including ignition interlock);
- Being required to take an alcohol and substance abuse evaluation and attending treatment as recommended in the evaluation;
- Mandatory minimum jail sentence;
- A significant period of court probation; and
- Enhanced sentencing requirements for each DUI conviction during a ten year period.
When you face harsh penalties like these, your choice of representation is critical. It is important that you select a law office that has a team of experienced and dedicated attorneys to keep you out of jail and to properly defend your good name and your legal rights. You need to know that your attorneys not only have the knowledge and the experience to aggressively represent you, but also that they will be there when you need them with the drive and the motivation to go to battle for you.
When you make the decision to retain Mountain View Law Group as your legal counsel, your case will be thoroughly reviewed by our experienced, knowledgeable attorneys. With attorneys having over 50 years of combined experience in criminal defense law and having defended many hundreds of cases, Mountain View Law Group is one of the most respected law firms in the Ogden area. And unlike many attorneys and law firms, we are not afraid to take your case to a trial if that is what you decide is best for you.